Sunday, September 14, 2014

Conduct your Research

 Upon entering into the entertainment business masters program at Full Sail University, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do; which was being a teacher in an elementary school, and enjoying my summers off. Although it sounds idea and a very easy job, being into my second year of my career, it is not everything that I thought it would be. I do enjoy my job, but what I enjoy mostly is working at my own pace, and being able to live life in the entertainment industry seeing different goals and dreams being met.

My start to the entertainment industry came during my freshmen year in college at Slippery Rock University, and it is one that I will never forget. I began to get involved with the concerts committee which led me to being able to do behind the scenes work, where I met artist such as Drake, J. Cole, and Wiz to name a few. It was in that moment of meeting these artist that I realized that I wanted to do something greater and use all of my talents to help shape my own career, as well as the careers of others. Without changing my major, I began to research how to become an artist manager, which landed me into the Entertainment Business program at Full Sail, and it is a choice that has been great for me.

Although I am still employed at an elementary school, the experience that I am gaining from this program has allowed me to pace myself, as well as continue to do two things I love; helping children discover their talents, as well as enhance my talents and get a degree. It is an experience that I will never forget, and at the age of 25 I can say that I’ve done more than most will ever do.

This week’s blog is bitter sweet, as it is my last for the program, but it is the beginning of my future. Conducting research on any topic that you are interested in is very important because you want to make sure that the time that is being put in is not only benefitting you, but that it is helping to enhance your overall appearance and the way you present yourself. Anything is possible if you just believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment