Sunday, February 23, 2014

Management….. How do I even begin?

With graduation quickly approaching, I cannot help but to wonder, “What am I going to do?” I mean, I know exactly what I want to do, and the steps that I need to take, but I mean really, what am I going to do? I want to start off small with managing an artist, but I cannot help but to dream big and want to manage an artist that is already successful. It is a stressful time, and I feel like a high school student who is caught in between the mixed feelings of going off to college, and venturing into the new world.

While thinking about all of this, I couldn’t help but to resort back to my undergraduate degree in education, and think about the first thoughts about being a classroom teacher; Audrey, You do not and will not know everything! I found some very helpful tools in teaching inside of a classroom, and I believe that they will help myself and others, who potentially want to be managers in some sort of way. (Management 101)

All management starts with good planning. You cannot possibly manager yourself or another individual without having good planning skills. Being organized, and able to piece things together is what managers do, and you need to be able to do this for yourself, before you do it for another individual. Being able to direct is the next important step. Direction is always needed when planning any event or activity, and if you do not have any direction, you will never get anywhere. Finally being able to monitor a situation and not becoming overaggressive or overbearing in the situation is key. Monitor, never be bossy (only if needed). I believe also that you must have the personality to “click” with the client. Nobody wants to deal with a manager who they cannot get along with.


So in saying all of this, truly what am I going to do? I am going to be available and aggressive when it comes to seeking clients, and win them over with my knowledge, personality, and ability to work. I mean, Mariah Carey may be needing someone soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment